It’s February of 2017 and I’m finally getting around to establishing my yearly goals. Last year, I got sidetracked and find myself sighing at the thoughts of fulfilling them. The one I was happy to accomplish was getting married! And since June, I’ve had the best time of my life.
In light of 2017, I changed my goals title to 2018 Goals Achieved, as I aspire to use this linguistic trick to further the probability of my success. Below are listed in concrete the goals I hope to have competed by January 1, 2018.
- Pray daily and invest in Good constantly
- Start the process of becoming Catholic
- Learn the important prayers, sayings, and beliefs of Catholicism
- Be the best wife I can be, honor Keith every day, and uplift him always
- Avoid laziness when he asks for help
- Uplift our future children with Keith as often as possible
- Socialize more about experiences and less about people
- Be brevit in explanation and description
- Ask questions and listen more to others
- Share less information to others
- Continue soccer schedule of playing as often as possible
- Go to Monday night Yoga 3 out of the 4 weeks in a month
- Blog about Yoga experiences
- Visit the gym weekly
- Get eyebrows waxed monthly
- Shave legs more consistently
- Read 15 books in 2017
- Go to New Orleans for soccer
- Go to Nashville for soccer
- Go to Canada with Keith for vacation
- Practice holistic living and eat clean
- Delve into herbalism and natural healing
And for the big one of the year…
The motto of the year is to slow down. I rush too often and blow through things with too much haste. It is my goal to take my time in situations, calmly take on tasks, and find comfort in the slow inner workings of the day.
Alright, so far, I have read two books, had several heart-to-hearts with God about my socializing changes, and played soccer a lot. Only 11 more months, here we go!